This is a one day course has been designed for all managers, supervisors, workers and maintenance staff. An idea class size is up to 12 participants. We conduct this program in your facility or job site utilizing your equipment and situations familiar to your people. We require an overhead projector, screen, flip chart and/or dry erase board.
Participants will learn:
- Regulations from the Industrial Establishments and Construction Projects Regulations
- Competent and Qualified Persons
- Duties of Employers, Supervisors and Workers
- Working terms for rigging
- Fibre rope.
- Wire rope. working load limits [WLL] – practice reading load chart handouts – manufactured types – theory practice on sling angles
- Chains. working load limits [WLL] – practice reading load chart handouts – manufactured types – theory practice on sling angles
- Different rigging hardware samples. (working load limits – practice reading load chart handouts
- Blocks for changing angle and using for mechanical advantage
- Hand signals.
- Inspection of rigging equipment. daily and yearly written inspection
- Test – using manual and rigging load chart handouts.
Each participant will receive course materials and a certificate of participation. The company will receive a record of training and a copy of the course materials for your file.