This program is generic in nature and gives participants a basic understanding of the WHMIS Legislation. Testing is mandatory under law and a pictorial test is conducted at the end of the program, which complies with the legislation.
Employers need to review with their staff the specific requirements of the “controlled products” being used in the workplace.
Participants will learn:
- What is the purpose of WHMIS
- Identification of what is covered versus what is not covered
- Different classes of hazardous materials and how to identify them
- Purpose of Labelling – supplier & workplace
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- How to read them
- Identifying the relevant information
- Using the MSDS to protect the worker
- What to do in the event of an emergency
- First aid considerations
Each participant will receive course material and a certificate of participation recognizing that they are competent as per section 1(1) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Length of the Program – 2 hours
Who Should Attend – All Workers are obligated under law to receive this training