This program is a combination of theory and practical training, and is designed for aerial lift platform operators, safety committee members, maintenance workers and supervisors.
This program is a combination of theory and practical training.
Participants will learn:
- Competency requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Regulations for lifting devices and mobile equipment
- Personal protective equipment including fall arrest, head protection, etc.
- Pre – shift inspection
- Analyzing the task and workplace inspection
- Precautions for other moving equipment (i.e. cranes, lift trucks, etc.)
- Platform stabilization
- Work area protection
- Elevation and overhead hazards
- Standard safe operating practices
- Controls and basic operation
- Fall Arrest
- Participants are tested for their theoretical knowledge
- Actual pre – shift inspection of the aerial platform
- Actual driving, positioning, and elevating of the aerial platform
- Participants skills are evaluated
Who Should Attend – Aerial lift platform operators, safety committee members, maintenance workers and supervisors. Maximum 8 in a class.
Length – 3 hours of theory training and 1 hours of practical training.