Brush chippers are a very important tool used in the landscaping and forestry industries. This program is designed to teach operators the safe methods of using these machines
Participants will learn:
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act and the pertinent Regulations
- Components of chippers – how they work
- Hazards associated with using chippers
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Pre – use inspection including checking fluid levels and re-fueling
- Methods and practices for safe operation
As part of this program, operators will gain some practical experience operating a brush chipper.
Length of the Course – 3.5 hours
Participants – The ideal class size for this training program is 10 participants
Participants need to bring safety glasses, hard hat with face shield, hearing protection and gloves. Do not wear any loose clothing.