For those people, who as part of their day-to-day job may need to operate chain saws, they are a great tool and time saver. They can also be very dangerous. This program gives users of chain saws a fundamental understanding of their care, operation, and safe use.
Participants will learn:
- Hazards associated with the use of a chain saw
- In depth routine maintenance
- Chain brakes – how they work and when to use them
- Fuel mixture and chain lubrication
- Setting up the chain for cutting
- Sharpening your saw
- Different types of chains and their purposes
- Safe practices of using a chain saw
- Bucking & limbing
- Kickback, pull ins, push backs.
- Typical faults and remedies
There will also be a practical aspect to the training where participants will learn how to operate a chain saw safely using the required personal protective equipment (PPE), methods and procedures.
Length of the Program – 1 day
Number of Participants – max 8 -10 participants
Participants must bring their own chain saws for the purposes of demonstration. They must also have their own safety glasses, safety boots, hearing protection, face shield, safety pants/chaps and gloves.