This program teaches participants the principles involved in the safe operation of a Lift Truck. Included in this program are propane & electric counterbalance and reach trucks. It can be customized to also include other types of lift trucks such as narrow aisle and rough terrain.
Maximum of 24 participants in a 4-hour session. Participants will learn:
- Legislation and competency requirements under the OHSA
- Company policies and procedures
- Operating manual
- Lift truck features and safety equipment
- Capacity plate and location
- Preoperational inspection
- Traveling with and without a load
- Pedestrians Safety – who has the “right of way”
- Load handling
- Ramp and grades – “do’s and don’ts”
- Personnel lifting, lowering and supporting. Proper use of lifting cage
- Elevators & railway docks (optional)
- Workplace specific hazards
- Procedures for shutdown/leaving the operator’s position; and refueling/recharging.
Unique training & evaluating procedures using a power point presentation with photographs of actual forklift scenarios.
Practical Skills Training
Maximum of 12 participants in a 4-hour session. Training and Evaluation includes:
- Preoperational inspection; start-up; traveling with and without a load (including pedestrian safety); load handling, including load selection, security, pickup, placement, stacking, destacking; and handling specific to docks, trucks and rail cars (optional);
- Driving on ramps and grades; personnel lifting; using elevators (optional); shutdown; and refueling/recharging.