The primary objective of this program is to acquaint participants with investigation methods used when all types of accidents occur – personal injury, property damage, and near misses. In addition to this participants will learn the basic principles used in incident/accident investigation procedures in order to achieve the most desired result – prevention of re-occurrence.
Participants will also learn about legislative compliance regarding reporting requirements (WSIB Form 7 and Ministry of Labour) as well as the proper completion of in-house investigation reports.
Participants will learn:
- Practical Leadership Skills Cause and Effects of Loss training;
- Practical Leadership Skills for Incident/Accident Investigation training;
- Review Systematic Cause Analysis Techniques (SCAT); and
- 3 Live Case Scenarios presented in a live “Theater” workshop
- Recognize the need for an investigation
- Investigate the scene of the injury/incident
- Interviewing victims and witnesses
- Distinguish fact from fiction
- Determine the immediate and basic causes, including the root cause and any other contributing factors
- Compile data and prepare reports
- Make recommendations for prevention
Who Should Attend – Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Joint Health and Safety Committee Members or Health and Safety Representatives.
Length – 1 day