This is a one-day program that is designed for all Owners, Managers, Supervisors, and Health and Safety Committee Members. Companies have used this seminar to jump-start their Health and Safety program. The ideal class size for this program is up to 25 participants.
Participants will learn:
- What is Due Diligence
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act and how to read it
- Important definitions that everyone should know
- Duties of the employer, supervisor and workers
- Case studies and who was charged for what
- What does the company need to do to be viewed as diligent under the law
- What is meant by “information instruction & supervision to protect workers”
- The role of the joint health and safety committee
- The powers of the Ministry of Labour Inspector
- Workers Right to refuse work that is unsafe and how to deal with it
- Regulations that pertain specifically to your activity
- Actual charges and convictions under the act
- WSIB and an examination of what you pay and why
- Workwell Audits
- Bill C45 – what it means to you and your organization
- How do you measure your health and safety program
- How does your organization measure up.
Each participant will receive course material and a certificate of participation. We recommend that each participant have a recent copy of the Carswell Pocket Edition of the OHSA.